bbq bison burger
Regardless of how you choose to celebrate, we can all agree that no 4th of July party is complete without a good burger. This year, we teamed up with Clean Simple Eats to bring you a bison burger that's fit to rule any bbq. Not only that, but it's healthy to boot. So what are you waiting for? Let's fire up the grill.
BBQ BISON BURGER
Makes 4 servings
345 calories / 12F / 33C / 26P / per serving
12 oz. lean ground bison
Dash onion powder
Dash garlic powder
Dash sea salt
Dash black pepper
Sides and Toppings per serving:
1 Tbs. mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 whole grain buns
2 Tomato slices
50g chopped onions
1 Tbs. Stubbs BBQ sauce
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the ground bison with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Divide into 3 oz. portions. Form into burger patties making the middle slightly thinner than the outside edges.
3. Place burgers on the grill and cook about 5-7 minutes per side or to your desired doneness. Transfer to the top rack or to a plate and immediately top with cheese.
4. While burgers are cooking, add the chopped onions to a greased frying pan over medium/high heat. Cook until tender and fragrant.
5. Toast the hamburger buns by adding them to a greased frying pan over medium heat. Flip and toast the other side. Prepare all the veggies and other toppings. Serve each burger on a toasted bun with all the toppings listed.
To try more delicious, healthy recipes, follow Clean Simple Eats on Instagram: @cleansimpleeats